Thursday, September 22, 2016

Trip Home


During a trip back home to Eastern Montana I was able to get out and do a bit of upland bird hunting as well as fishing. On a relatively sunny day on the water, a raft of Blue-winged teal were just off of my shoulder about to take flight, As the they lifted off I was barely able to capture this photo of the flock. For this photo I had a lower shutter speed as you can see with the movement of the wings.


While driving past a CRP field I was able to grab a shot of this beautiful rooster. Focused right on the head, each pattern of the ring neck are present. With aperture priority I was pleased with the blur of the grass in the foreground since it is so easy to see the focal point of the image. While not red on yellow, the red, in focus face is the dominant focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment