Thursday, November 17, 2016

More Birds


Taken Southwest of Glendive, this rooster was running alongside a CRP field and decided to cut onto the road, giving me a solid shot. I chose this shot due to his body position guiding your eyes from his head down to the beautiful pattern and colors on his torso. I increased the saturation to bring more vibrancy to the blue on his back and to deepen the mahogany on his neck. I also adjusted the contrast to take the fade out of the picture giving it a warmer appearance.  


 I decided to take a portrait photo and take any critique on it since I will mainly be taking this type of shot once out of this class. Pictured here is my Small Munsterlander next to two grouse alongside a barn in Ekalaka, MT. The shot has not yet been edited except for the crop. Taken in early November I thought that the dried grass went well with the aged wood along with my gun matching the color of the dead leaves scattered on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment